Saturday, March 13, 2010

What's Going On?

It's been 2 weeks since I have blogged! I can't believe it! I have so much going on and there just are not enough hours in the day to get it all done, so blogging has been on the very bottom of my never ending list. I never wanted to be the blog that you check every day and nothing new is ever up because I hate that too, but sometimes LIFE happens.

So what have I been up to that is keeping me SO busy? (I know you are thinking WTH you are a SAHM how could you be SOOOOO busy?, But if you are a SAHM or just a MOM in general you know this is ENOUGH to keep you busy all day!) A couple of years ago I took the DAT and planned on applying to dental school, but I wasn't convinced dentistry was "for me" so I never submitted my applications. Instead I applied to two different medical schools and got declined from one and accepted into the other, but it was far from home and I was too chicken to go. I don't know what I was thinking only applying to two schools but there's no need dwelling on the past. Honestly, if I didn't have Hayden or ever plan on having children then I would probably be studying for the MCAT again, but the lifestyle is just not practical for the wife and mother that I want to be. So I have decided that dentistry will be the perfect fit for me. I have been taking a DAT class on Sunday nights that usually lasts about three to four hours which isn't terrible but the amount of reading, workshops, quizzes, tests, and studying I have to do it ALOT. Now that I have Hayden everything has changed and where as before my studies were my first priority that will never be the case again. But I am trying to give it my best shot and basically I wanted to see how realistic it would be for me to go back to school. Right now thanks to Corey and my mom it is all working out nicely, but it definitely would not happen with out them!! So my class ends in May and I am scheduled to take the exam on June 5 so I will be pretty busy until then! My performance on the exam will dictate if I apply to different dental schools for the class of 2011. Anyways, that's enough about boring stuff now onto my little mess



Hayden is already 9 1/2 moths old! Where does the time go? She...
  • is so tall she was "off the charts" at her 9 month check-up
  • is babbling like crazy and we talk all day long
  • is finally starting to get on her stomach more without throwing a fit
  • is much more interested in toys
  • is very weary of new people
  • is having a hard time with her two upper centrals
  • is eating a mixture of baby food and table food
  • is going to switch to whole milk very soon
  • has no interest in crawling, feeding herself, or holding her bottle
  • acts like a new baby in her big girl car seat (most of the time)
  • still loves Nick Jr but especially Moose A. Moose and the Backyardigans
  • has so much rhythm and we love to watch her dance
  • is getting sweeter and funnier every day and we love her more than words can say!

7 comments:

  1. WOW you are busy!
    I think it is super awesome that you have decided to go for your dream. I am so jealous and wish you nothing but all the happiness in the world.

    I understand about life getting in the way of the petty things. I was just checking on you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're awesome! One day all this hard work will pay off. You are a smart lady, Jamie!! I know you think I'm just saying it but I'm going to show up at your house one day soon and steal Hayden for a few hours. She's so sweet and I know I can keep her entertained with all the toys we have around here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have been busy! Good luck, and I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so great, you are so smart and we wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am soooo proud of you and excited for you! You know I will always be here for you to help you in any way that I can. I actually found a couple of DAT study CDS and I will get Brandon to mail them to you this week. Keep me posted on your progress!

    Much love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay Jamie! I can see you as a dentist! I know all of this hard work is paying off! Please keep me posted. Hayden is so cute! Wonder where she gets her height from?????

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will do great!

    PS: That munchkin is adorable with those sweet cheeks!

    ReplyDelete