
Two years ago my mom bought us a gorgeous 9' tree that Heather found for me. Little did we know that white trees had to be stored at room temperature. My goal was a white tree with all black ornaments. It may sound crazy but I love the look...so modern! Well after finally finding enough black ornaments, thanks to my mom looking every where and Angie and Justin bringing some from GA, we couldn't wait to decorate...until we took the tree out of the box and it was BROWN!! Corey even tried spray painting over the lights, but it didn't work! Last year I was pregnant and we didn't feel like paying full price for another white tree so I decorated our old tree. Well, another year has come and gone and guess what - I still don't have a white tree! It's my own fault. I can't buy a tree in June, it's weird to me, I don't think about it, I rather buy other things, blah, blah, blah. My old tree matches our house perfectly and a black and white tree would not match my house at all but whatever. So now what do I do? Put up the same tree I have had for 6 years now? Keep the old tree but get new ornaments (which sounds dumb), or get a white tree now, wait and get a white tree when they go on sell and just leave it up all year so it doesn't turn brown?
AHHHHHHHHH! I am excited because it is Hayden's first Christmas and Santa already has a FULL sleigh, but I don't feel like messing with it! I mean seriously, all I need is a tree to go with the swing,
playmat,
bumbo,
packnplay,
jumperoo, and toys that are already in my living room. Where do I even put the tree? On top of the coffee table? Anyways, maybe Scrooge will stop possessing me soon and my house will be full of Christmas decor and the scent of cinnamon!
i bought caroline a white tree 2 years ago. so far so good. i bought it for $5 from dollar general right after christmas one year. it is only 6' but it is super cute in her room. mine hasn't turned yellow. well, as of last year it wasn't yellow. we keep it in the attic at my mom's. maybe it is b/c it was cheap.
ReplyDeletejust get a real tree. they are beautiful. you can find one that isn't super expensive. they smell awesome. we had our first real tree last year and it was the best decision we have ever made.
let us know what you decide.