Friday, May 1, 2009

Gestational Diabetes Update


I went to the endocrinologist yesterday and everything was GREAT! My fasting sugars have been perfect so I did not have to be put on insulin. I am so excited about this!! He made me an appointment for two weeks, but he said that if my numbers stayed within range or if the baby arrived to call and cancel. Then after the baby gets here, he said I did not have to be so strict with my diet or checking my sugars but he did not go into the specifics. After that, I am suppose to return to his office for another fasting test three weeks after the baby is born.

2 comments:

  1. This is great news! You are already so busy keeping up with your blood sugar levels, I couldn't imagine if you had to add insulin shots to that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you, Jamie!!!!

    ReplyDelete