Sunday, January 17, 2010

Cartoons

If you come to my house there is an 80% chance that cartoons will be on. It stays on the same channel, Nick Jr., all the time. I used to think Hayden just loved TV but it didn't take long to figure out that cartoons were her favorite. I can't keep the TV on all day because she would just watch it all the time! But her FAVORITE character is Moose A. Moose. We can be anywhere in the house and when he comes on she will go crazy trying to find him. She will push your face out of the way to see him and for the two minutes he is on in-between shows she is 100% focused on him. Sometimes she sits in utter silence and others she talks to him as if it's her best friend! I only wish he was in a 30 minute show of some sort! Sometimes I will rewind him and let her watch it again just so I will have 2 more minutes of free time haha! Some people think its crazy, but she has been watching cartoons since she was born (and so have I). But if you stayed here all day you would know why I have to have every possible kind of entertainment going to keep her happy. I think a lot of the cartoons on Nick Jr are very educational. Cartoons have come a long ways! I like different aspects about each of them, but for some reason I really don't like Wonder Pets. It has nothing to do with the content but the graphics are so terrible and that song just gets on my nerves, but Hayden loves it! I think my favorite is the Backyardigans! So are cartoons on all day at your house, or when you are home? If so what are you children's favorites? Which ones do you despise?

4 comments:

  1. We keep it on the Sprout channel 24/7 over here. Garrett loves the intro songs more than the shows. I don't particularly love watching any of it but if it entertains him, it's worth it!

    Hayden is so funny over her moose!! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackson also likes Moose A. Moose and sings that "every Where I go" song all the time! I am like you and I hate the Wonder Pets. They are just so stupid and the prediciments they get into are so unrealistic. I mean and turtle, duck, and a hamster rescue a cow out of a tree?? Come on now! And I hate their voices too! Jackson on the other hand thinks they are wonderful so if he's quiet, we'll watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, our TV is on cartoons practically all day. Some people are like "you shouldn't sit your child in front of the tv, blah, blah" but I have since day 1 and I honestly think that has contributed to Tanner's vocabulary. The DR told us he is speaking on a 4 year old level. Stokes watches the cartoons too. He loves them!!! I say keep it going! If she loves it, then by all means make the baby happy!!!

    I despise Max and Ruby and Ni Hao Kai-lan the most. Call me nuts but I like Wonder Pets. I love Ming-Ming's voice! Ha!

    Tanner's favorites are Olivia, Wow Wow Wubzy, and of course Dora & Diego. When he was a baby, he was obsessed with Little Bill and Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie- I agree, whatever it takes!

    Jony- That is crazy that Jackson likes the Moose too!

    Carrie- I am glad you said that! Sometimes I worry I am overstimulating her, but WOW thats awesome that Tanner's vocabulary is so advanced! I hope we have the same outcome!

    ReplyDelete