Monday, March 2, 2009

Bean Soup

So, I have always ate pretty healthy thanks to my mom and dad, but ever since I started dating Corey we really stepped it up a notch. Honestly, I rather eat healthy foods and I rarely eat chips, cookies, or other junk foods - the most unhealthy thing I do is drink soft drinks - well now caffeine free Pepsi and I love caffeine free tea! However, I saw that if I fail the next glucose test that you have to go on a special diet, exercise 30 mins a day (which I should be doing anyways), and possibly get on insulin (I think this is for extreme cases though). So I thought well maybe I should go ahead and start eating right and exercise just in case I don't pass. Only because I am worried that now every little thing I eat is making this baby ginormous! I am already very picky about what I eat because it is hard to find something that sounds appetizing to me and now I find this sample diet plan for gestational diabetes.

Sample Diet 1
Breakfast
2 slices whole grain toast
2 tablespoons of peanut butter
½ cup of 100% juice
Mid-morning Snack
1 apple
1 cup cottage cheese
Lunch
1 cup of lentil soup (or other bean soup)
1 serving of whole grain crackers
2 ounces of low fat cheese
1 cup baby carrots
Mid-afternoon Snack
20 raw almonds
1 cup grapes
Dinner
6 ounces of fish of choice
1 cup steamed broccoli
1 cup brown rice
1 cup reduced-fat milk
Evening Snack
5 cups air-popped popcorn (plain)
I can handle all water and no sweets but, SERIOUSLY, bean soup for lunch... oh gosh please pray I do not have to eat like this for three more months! I also found out today that my placenta has moved a little but not enough for the baby to get out so I have another appointment to get that checked again in four weeks. I am going to ask if I can just rent a room at the Doctor's office because it would save me a lot of money on gas!

4 comments:

  1. Awww... you poor thing! I know you'll pass this 2nd test!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you worry! I can promise that you are eating a lot better than I did when I was pregnant and I passed the second test. I was drinking regular Dr. Peppers and eating swiss cake rolls every day...that's why Garrett is so sweet :) My doctor did tell me that it's not uncommon to fail the first test. Try not to stress to much. Hopefully you want have to eat bean soup any time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sweet girl. Don't worry. I failed the first test too and passed the second. I hope the same for you. The three hour thing was interesting. Just take things to pass the time. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try black bean soup. Yum-O! I have a recipe somewhere. I'll find it for you.
    Breakfast looks easy minus the cottage cheese!

    ReplyDelete