Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sugar-free Anyone?

Today at 12:14 pm I recieved "THE PHONE CALL" and unfortunately I did not pass the second glucose test. This means I have gestational diabetes and an endochronologist will be calling me soon for an appointment. So I am about to finish this glass of tea and eat a muffin for lunch and then I will begin cutting out all simple sugars - Is there anything else left to eat? Just kidding. However, this does stink because I have fallen in love with pancakes - glad I had 4 this morning :) Right now I have a good attitude about it - As long as my baby is okay I will do anything to keep her healthy and from getting up to 12 pounds (for my sake). So I will keep you updated on what I have to do and what I can eat :( So all of you preggers and non preggars eat something sweet for me tonight!

4 comments:

  1. Aww, I'm sorry Jamie. At least it's only temporary. My mom had it with all three of us. She didn't play by the rules and ended up with huge 10 pound babies...haha! I'm not eating sweets (for a completely different reason) so we will suffer together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww man! I was hoping to hear better news. Oh well, at least you got to enjoy the pancakes and tea this morning. I might be right there with you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness Jamie. At least you are being a good sport about it. These last 13 weeks will fly by. The first thing you will ask for after giving birth will be pancakes though! Haha!

    ReplyDelete