So, I followed the diet for a day in a half until I reached the point of starvation and mere fatigue. The celery sticks just weren't cutting it so I called the doctor Friday afternoon and of course they had already closed. I knew I couldn't continue eating that way for the entire weekend. My blood sugar was not even getting out of the 60's! Your fasting sugar (not eating for 8 hours) is suppose to be between 70-90 and 2 hours after meals it is suppose to be between 90-120. So even 2 hours after eating my blood sugar was less than it should be after fasting for 8 hours. You can imagine how I felt! Then I saw my baby's frowny face and for supper I had PASTA! A BIG NO NO! But guess what? I felt better and my blood sugar was normal. So for Saturday and Sunday I adjusted the diet to what I thought was appropriate and I was very nervous when I went to the doctor today because I thought I was going to get in trouble. Thankfully, he was cool and after he looked at my meter reading he told me I could eat more and as long as my blood sugar was below 120 I didn't have to get on insulin! Thank the Lord!!! I couldn't imagine sticking myself anymore than what I already have to do. So I know I am insulin free for at least 3 more weeks (when my next appointment is). They did do more lab work today, so hopefully they will not find anything else wrong. He said with my case the baby could come too early or be too big when she is born, but as long as I keep this under control these things should not happen.
So bye bye

and hello

YUMMY! (Looks like 10 extra carbs to me! What about you ?)
You are so funny! You have to feel good and that's the important thing. I'm so glad your diet is a little more pleasing!
ReplyDeleteEat those pancakes girl! You sound like me with my sour candy...I craved it so bad and had to have it when I was pregnant!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, Garrett loves the song you have playing on your blog. He always stops and stares at the computer when I'm on your page:)
Jackson loves the song too! haha Everytime he hears it, he stops what he is doing and starts dancing! haha Glad you can eat a little more now! I know you were starving!
ReplyDelete