Monday, August 3, 2009

2 Month Check-Up

Hayden had her two month check-up today and boy was it a time! First off I completely forgot about the visit even though it has been on the calendar for about a month! So, I had to rush to get both of us ready! Even though it is only five minutes down the road I feel like I always have to travel like I am going to be gone for the entire day (maybe this will change, but probably not)! I did all of my research on vaccines (from the general stuff all the way down to the actual vaccine components... anyways, I don't even want to get into all that. That could be about four different posts that I am sure no one really wants to read. It was more than just the "do vaccines cause autism" problem for me but overall the benefits do out-way the risks and it is just one of those difficult decision you have to make for the well being of your child. Everyone has their own views and mothers choose not to vaccinate their children everyday, but I decided it was the best choice for us to go ahead with the vaccinations. But, getting back to the story. I thought today's visit was going to be about "discussing vaccines" not actually "getting them" so I was by myself of course. Not that having someone there would not have stopped her screaming any sooner, but it would have been nice not to be alone with a screaming baby and trying to dress her, feed her, calm her down, put her back in the car seat, pay, make another appointment...etc.

So her wonderful pediatrician answered my one million questions with no hesitations and no attitude. He is the greatest and I am so glad I chose him. When she is screaming he calms her down BEFORE he hands her back to me. He says if he makes her cry he will make her stop. Not sure how many other doctors out there that will do the same?! So they gave her some Tylenol and did her normal check-up. Everything looked great!

Height: 23.5 inches - 96%
Weight: 12lbs 3 ozs - 91%
Head Circumference: 39.3 cm -87%

He said he she had a perfectly round head and that meant I was a good mom. I said what do you mean. He said that means you hold her all the time, she doesn't have flat spots. I thought that was hilarious haha because I am pretty sure I hold her ALL the time. Over the past week she has started getting a little more independent. She doesn't want me to hold her as much :( But compared to most moms I probably still hold her A LOT!

Then she got 3 injections and one oral vaccine. I just gave her some more Tylenol so hopefully she will not develop a fever. She has been asleep since we got home (definitely not acting like herself) and she will wake up from time to time crying and I soothe her and she goes right back to sleep. Here she is after her shots. Poor baby!

To end on a good note, here are some happier pictures from last week!

Mommy getting kisses!
All clean and sleeping in style!
"Sorry mom I am not sleepy. Check back at 3 am!"
Gotta love her!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check back at 3am! haha That's hilarious! I am glad her appointment went well! She is getting so big! I am glad to see that I am not the only one who has a baby in the 90th percentile for weight! haha we have some chunky monkeys! Can't wait to see her next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a sweet picture of you giving her a kiss. And you guys do have a good doctor for him to sooth her and make her stop crying. Gavin doc says boom boom pow (that is the shot noises LOL) and here you go, here's your child back. But he is easy to get up with if I need him, that's why I like him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love our Pediatrician...he's the best! I hate it she had to get shots but that just means she a big girl now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is great! I just love her and want to squeeze her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad everything went well. You have a healthy, beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete