I hate John & Kate Plus 8, but not for the reason you are thinking. Yeah the show sucks now because of the marriage situation but I still watch it out of curiosity. Last episode Kate camped out with the kids and of course what is a camp-out without smores. Well, from the moment I saw them my mouth began to water. Oh, I craved them as if I were 4 months pregnant. I wanted to so badly go to the store AT THAT MOMENT to purchase all of the ingredients to make this dessert happen. But I couldn't. I have a little baby now. I can't just run to the store in my PJ's and be back in 10 minutes. So ALL week I craved them. I couldn't focus on anything but SMORES! Finally, on Friday night my wish came true. Corey made me the most delicious SMORES I have ever tasted.

I ate 3. Yes THREE. I could hardly get the 3rd one down but I did it. I had a tummy ache all night but it was SO worth it. Of course Corey nor my mom would eat any so I packed up the remaining ingredients for the ride back to Wilmington. This was a huge mistake. We had 2 smores that were already assembled. We had tin-foil. My husband knew I was dying to consume them so he cooked them. While he was driving. In the sun on the dash of his truck. Yes, you read that correctly. So the total was up to 5 smores in 3 days. This can't be good. Especially, not for the extra 15 pounds I STILL NEED TO LOSE. Today, I had my usual bowl of grits for breakfast and I was patiently waiting for lunch. I knew exactly what I wanted. SMORES. During this waiting period I made myself work-out. I had to. It was the only way I could justify eating more of this heavenly dessert. I made myself eat a turkey sandwich. I had hopes that I would be too full for smores. I WASN'T. I ate 2. So in four days I have consumed 7 smores and 567,897,456 calories. Somebody help me. I can't bring myself to trash the rest of the graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows but I know this is the only solution to keep myself from making them until they are all GONE. Doesn't someone know about a food recall that I haven't heard about yet?!?!?
I hate I missed out on the smores! It's a good thing though because I would have probably ate that many too! My weakness is chocolate chip cookies and milk. I did however find reduced fat chocolate chip cookies and started buying 2% milk. That makes me feel less guilty! haha
ReplyDeleteAt least you worked out today!! That makes up for it! =)
HAHAHAHA! I love the part about Corey cooking you up some smores on the dash board!! I feel the same way about brownies. I just found this recipe that makes just one brownie in a mug so you don't have to cook a whole pan full. Oh Lord...I am in serious trouble!
ReplyDeleteChocolate is my weakness. Any kind. Anywhere. Any time. Ah!
ReplyDeleteIt is so funny that you said that. The same episode made me want smores too! I jumped in the car and went and got all the things to make them, came home and told Joey to light the grill that I wanted some :)!!
ReplyDelete