-but she can't stay ill all day...right?
It's a bad idea to continue driving into Wilmington when she is already crying
-but don't long rides put babies to sleep?
It's a bad idea to continue running errands when she has a break-down at each place
-but isn't she tired of being home ALL the time?
It's a bad idea to go anywhere and heaven forbid she cry because everyone stares at you like you are a horrible mother.
So I found the solution. I made a bottle. I stuck it in her mouth. Everywhere we went. This kept her quiet. It was very difficult to shop, especially grocery shop with no hands since I was feeding her with one and pushing with the other. She wasn't drinking her bottle. She just liked it in her mouth. After all the places we went she didn't even drink an ounce. She would cry with the bottle in her mouth so I would take it out and then put it back in...silence. This was all well and good until we got in the car to go back home. You know if I only had those elastic arms like stretch armstrong it would have been a pleasant ride back home. But it wasn't. Full fledged SCREAMING the entire 30 minute ride home (thanks to 5 o'clock traffic).
I tried everything I knew to do. I cut the music down so she could hear me talking. NOTHING. I cut the music up loud to distract her. NOTHING. I changed it to a static channel. NOTHING. I used both mirrors to grab her binki and find her mouth. NOTHING. I hit every bump in the road. NOTHING.
But I think I have the solution to this too.
Tomorrow I am trading in the Escape for a two door pick-up truck!
You are so funny! Babies will be babies! I remember having moments like this with Tanner. It does get better and that's when you'll look back and long for these moments all over again!
ReplyDeleteHAHAHA I would die if you pulled up in my driveway in a two door pickup! That is too funny!
ReplyDeleteOh my! It will get better. Gavin loves the Dora the Explorer CD, it calms him right down. I don't know why either, they sing in spanish sometimes and maybe he thinks its funny!
ReplyDeleteI think they have 0% financing right now!!! Ha! I would love to see that!
ReplyDeleteThis is funny! It use to kill me when Garrett would scream like that. Luckily, he got to the point where he would always fall asleep in his car seat. I bet she will grow out of it soon :)
ReplyDeleteBarney... Sally the Camal... not even kidding. It was the only thing to shut Caroline up.
ReplyDeleteAnd to think that I swore that my children would never listen to Barney. Boy was I wrong.