FYI to all of you:
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO GO BATHING SUIT SHOPPING 3 WEEKS POST DELIVERY!
Last night we went to eat Mexican and then Corey fed Hayden in the car while I ran into Wings. First of all can I say tourists. Geese. I had to dodge them going in and out! Why must you congregate at the entrance, which by the way is a HUGE Alligator mouth (I love it!) So I go pick out everything I thought might hide this body but still leave a little room for some sun (other than on my face). I didn't need a mirror in my dressing room because I couldn't bare to look. I tried them all. The tankini, one-piece, grandma-piece, bathing skirt, bathing dress with long skirt, and what did I leave with? Not a bathing suit. Only this black bathing suit cover-up that did the job, covered me up! I got black because I thought it would make me look thinner and so I could wear underwear underneath ha. So after my horrible experience all I wanted to do was pay so I could get out of there and get my newborn home, but the tourists were on a mission. I mean seriously how many Topsail Island hermit crab shells can you buy and do you really need a pool raft in the ocean AND must you get them to blow up all four of them before you leave. What do you drive a school bus? How are you going to get all of these down to the water with little kids? And hey lady if no one every told you, after you pay you get out of line so the next person can pay, or that's what we do in NC anyways. And please don't worry I am not taking Hayden to the beach or the pool. I am not an idiot. I am going to the beach to hang out with the family next week so I might want to catch a few rays while my mom watches the baby. That's what led to the bathing suit hunt! And no I will not be posting a picture of me in the cover-up unless I drop 15 pounds between now and the fourth. I will no longer look at women on the beach and say "um, they should not be wearing that with that belly". Instead I will think "wow she went through a LOT to get that belly and if she wants to wear a bikini good for her!"
Girl I am feeling your aggravation! That is the bad part about having a baby right before summer begins. It's okay though because hopefully by next summer we will be back in our bikinis and we can take the girls to the beach!! (that may just be wishful thinking but hopefully we will get back in them! haha)
ReplyDeleteokay...i can't stop laughing!!! I can't believe you would attempt to go bathing suit shopping already! you are brave!! as i told heather though, it takes 9 months to put the weight on so it also takes a while to get it off...i'm sure you look perfect though!!! have a good time!
ReplyDeleteDon't even worry about the weight, like you said you just had a baby 3 weeks ago. You will lose the weight and Hayden will have a "Hot Mama".
ReplyDeleteHahaha... you are so funny! You are beautiful just the way you are. It took me probably a good year until all the weight fell off. You looks awesome to have just had a baby 3 weeks ago! You are one hot little mama!
ReplyDeleteI meant YOU LOOK*
ReplyDeletePreggo/Mommy brain-- gets ya everytime!